- Penn Cambria Senior High School
- ESA (Exercise Safety Association) Course
- CPR AED Certified
- AFAA Personal Trainer Certification
- Silver Sneakers Healthways Certification
- 19 Years Personal Training/Group Exercise
- 20 Years Personal Training Experience
- Pre-Gymnastics Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Dance & Aerobics
“We come to the Summit to exercise for our health and well being. To accomplish this goal we want to get the most from our workouts – the little tweaks, helpful hints and encouragement with a winning smile. That is MISSY RUMMEL. She is always there with a positive word of support. The ideal personal trainer: helpful, not critical, encouraging, not pushing, supportive, not judgmental, positive, NEVER negative. THAT IS MISSY RUMMEL!”
- B.S. Kinesiology Pennsylvania State University
- Nutrition, Exercise Prescription For All Populations
- Youth, Elderly & Special Medical Conditions
- Anatomy & Physiology
- State College Area High School
- ACSM Health Fitness Specialist
- CPR/AED Certified
- Enjoy working with overweight, youth, elderly, & athletes
- Division 1 Penn State Women’s Rugby
- Collegiate Rugby National Champion (2009, 2010, 2012)
- Coached Middle School Girl’s Basketball
- Coached High School Girl’s Rugby
My hope is to help people find joy in exercise so they can feel success through achieving their fitness goals. I also want to help others achieve a high quality of life by inspiring them to live an active lifestyle.
- B.A. Saint Francis University
- Education, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Obesity and Society
- NSCA – Biomechanics, Nutrition, Exercise Psychology, Clients With Unique Needs, Resistance Training, Aerobic Training
- CPR AED Certified
- Working towards NSCA-PT Certification
- IFA Certification
- Trained clients of all fitness levels ranging from ages 11 to 80
- Personal Trainer since 2008
- 10 years personal diet, nutrition, and supplementation
- 10 years bodybuilding
- 7 years Goshin Jitsu Martial Arts
“Having Matt as my personal trainer has allowed me to achieve many of my own personal goals; some of which I didn’t think were possible. His variety of training and level of motivation has continued to keep me progressing. In a short amount of time, I have lost body fat and achieved personal records as a runner.”
“After giving birth to my son and not exercising for 7 years, going back to the gym was overwhelming and scary. Matt gave me the motivation, guidance, and support I needed to stick with exercising and not give up. I feel more comfortable going in different areas of the gym, and every week I am gaining strength and endurance. Matt shows true concern and he is always making an extra effort to help me reach my goals.”
- Altoona High School
- ACE Kinesiology/Anatomy, Nutrition,
- ASFA Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR AED Certified
- Holistic Approaches to Wellness
- Natural Remedy & Herbal Supplementation
- Diet and Nutrition
- Using Music as a Motivational Tool
- Working towards ACE Personal Trainer Certification
- Would like to pursue a career in Physical Therapy
My goal is to improve the wellness and quality of life of all those whom I interact with.
Group Fitness Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Hollidaysburg School District - Reading Specialist
- AFAA Certified
- Mad Dogg Athletics
- Director of Group Fitness at the Summit
- 23 years of experience in the Fitness Industry
I want people to get excited about exercise.
My goals are for the client to become comfortable with the equipment and their individualized workout program and for exercise to be fun and rewarding to the client so that exercise becomes their lifestyle.
The Summit is the premier health club in in the Central PA region. We have over 5,500 members and 70 dedicated employees.
Our state-of-the-art fitness and sports facility boasts a swimming pool, tennis, basketball and racquetball courts as well as two dance studios, a physical therapy facility, and a cardiovascular room.
Try us for a week - FREE!
Take our risk-free, no-obligation offer and experience The Summit for yourself!